Monday, October 29, 2012

SnowFall Break


It’s fall break, which means I thought I would spend the first few days in Prague admiring the leaves that have been changing color. Instead, Prague seems to have wanted to give the handful of us who hadn’t left town for various fall break excursions an early Christmas present on Saturday with the first snowfall! As we all know, smiling is not a thing here but I don't care if you're Czech something is seriously wrong with you if you don't smile when waking up to snow in Prague.  

Charles Bridge in the snow.
Even though I couldn’t feel my fingers fumbling with my camera, all the pictures on the Charles Bridge were definitely worth dealing with the freezing weather. I live in a fairytale and when Prague is covered in snow it is even more magical. After “frolicking” on the bridge (our main goal for the day), Rachel and I hurried across the bridge for some of the best hot chocolate in the city. We may have looked like wet puppy dogs but the hot chocolate, meaning chocolate soup since I’m pretty sure they just melt a dark chocolate bar, hit the spot! The rest of the day consisted of movies, fried cheese and a porter at our pub with the girls before our trip back to Budapest on Tuesday! It may have been a very simple day here in Prague, but it will definitely be one I cherish when looking back.



Currently:
It’s past midnight and I can’t sleep
I have a bus to Budapest to catch in 6.5 hours
The time changed and I probably wouldn’t have noticed if Rachel didn’t tell me
I just spent another 5 minutes trying to think of a Budapest pun bud I was unsuccessful…I pest be off. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment